Uniswap is giving out tokens. Coin distribution details
The infamous cryptocurrency exchange Uniswap held a cryptocurrency distribution, during which it distributed a large number of tokens among its own employees, investors and users. This phenomenon is called airdrop, and below we will tell you exactly how the process of distributing coins took place. We will also discuss how promising Uniswap is now, in connection with the recent scandals. So let’s get started.
Technical details of the event
Airdrop is a massive distribution of certain tokens issued by a project. In the case of Uniswap, we are talking about the UNI coin, which is a fairly serious asset in the modern market. Recall that at the moment, Uniswap is the largest decentralized cryptocurrency exchange. The site completely rethinks the concept of digital trading platforms, bringing a lot of new things to this industry. However, like any other well-known project, Unsiwap has already become involved in several major scandals. The exchange has contacted rather dubious projects, but at the moment there are no specific complaints about the site. The platform is actively developing. For example, today the distribution of 113.7 million tokens took place. The originally planned distribution of 150 million tokens took place almost in full. The coins passed to 184 thousand owners, including SOCKS token users.
Note that approximately 80% of all addresses to which the coins were sent belong to traders working on the exchange. Thus, the platform stimulates the growth of new sellers and increases the level of trading in its own spaces. The remaining 20% of assets went to liquidity providers Uniswap. Recall that approximately 139 thousand people wishing to receive tokens issued an application on the day the coin was released. And, as the developers promised, they quickly received their own money. The event has already made quite a splash. Thanks to the distribution of tokens, the daily maximum of the number of transfers in the Ethereum network has grown to record levels. Now this value is 1.406 million transfers. The record has not changed for the last 2 years. Transactions also increased, but now the figure is back to normal.
Is it worth working with Uniswap: the opinion of the professionals
At first glance, everything is obvious. A successful company, popular among millions of audiences, generously shares its own assets. There seem to be no problems. But things are a little more complicated. Serious analysts like Larry Cermak have expressed their fear that Uniswap is having a negative impact on the market. The platform’s financial and informational success will surely set an example for dozens of budding entrepreneurs who will also start issuing their own tokens. Management coins may appear in such quantities that the market will return to the 2017 state. With complete confusion, an abundance of dubious projects and the absence of serious players. At the moment, it is difficult to make such long-term forecasts. But the fears do have a solid foundation. It remains only to wait.
However, there is no cause for concern at this time. The capitalization of the internal Uniswap token has already exceeded $ 1 billion and continues to grow. This indicates the relevance and prospects of not only the coin. But also the company as a whole. That is why if you are looking for a stable, secure and progressive distributed exchange, Uniswap is your choice. Follow all the news from the crypto industry with us. We publish only high-quality and interesting material. Thanks for your attention. Good luck!